What to bring:
What should we bring?
– Packed lunch and snacks
– 2 bottles of water
– Everything fitted into a waterproof rucksack that your child can easily carry
– Anti-bacterial gel
– Small napkin/flannel (to dry hands)
– Change of clothes in a plastic bag
– Your own pen to sign your child in and out at registration
What should my child wear?
We will be outdoors all day, so your child needs comfortable weather-proof clothing.
– Waterproof sturdy shoes- trainers are best unless wet, wellies good for muddy puddles. No open-toed shoes or crocs. Advice: wear trainers, and wellies spare in bag.
– Waterproof jacket and warm jumper- always, even if rain is not forecast.
– Waterproof trousers – with spare trousers and socks in plastic bag.
– Long-sleeved t-shirt and long trousers- protection from scratches and stings.
– Warm hat and scarf/gloves
– Layers, layers, layers! Keeps you warm and can adjust body temperature easily.
What if my child has an allergy, dietary requirement or needs medication?
We cook food containing corn/maize, gluten/wheat, dairy/lactose, eggs, pork gelatine etc. Allergies, intolerances and dietary requirements need to be written on the Consent Form. All medication given to Gemma (FS Leader) in a clear plastic bag with your child’s name. If an Epipen is prescribed, 2 are required.
What if it is raining, cold or very hot?
Forest School goes by the Scandinavian saying that “There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing”. The children will enjoy putting up a waterproof shelter and squelching in mud if wet, hot chocolate and active games if cold, and cooling Elderflower cordial and woodland shade if hot. We do not run sessions in high winds or storms.
What about toileting?
Please make sure children are well toileted before leaving the house. There are public toilet facilities behind the Rookery Café, however they may be shut due to Coronavirus. A port-a-loo and tent is provided for toileting whilst in the woods, however this might not be put up until lunchtime.
How do I contact you?
If you have any other questions, please email Gemma (FS Leader) at firstname.lastname@example.org
We would love to hear from you!